Find Your Direction at Northeastern! Northeastern is an amazing school where your child can prosper! We are glad you are here!
All parents are welcome! Please come through the secure entrance at the front of the building and ring the bell inside the vestibule to enter the office.
Northeastern provides several different types of parent communication. Please make sure the office has your most current email address and phone number.
- All school publications will come home in your child’s Friday Folder.
- The Northeastern office publishes monthly The Days at Northeastern that include school events, PTO events, and important information.
- Classroom teachers send home weekly or bi-weekly classroom newsletters.
- Important information will be emailed to parents on a monthly basis.
- Parents may also receive a phone call about district, school and classroom information. This may be through an automated system or done on an individual basis. It is important that parents listen to voicemails and return missed phone calls when needed.
- School information is also texted to parents as reminders.
- Information is posted on the Hastings Northeastern Elementary Facebook Page.
- Each classroom and/or grade has a Facebook Group where they will post important information.
- Anytime parents are changing the end of the day routines for their child, they need to call the Northeastern office before 2:30 pm so we can ensure those changes can be communicated. If a bussing change is being made, the bus garage or transit must also be notified as well as the Northeastern office.
Northeastern PTO Meetings
The Northeastern Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 pm. School breaks may affect meeting times, so please Northeastern PTO page for specific details each month. Every parent / guardian is welcome to attend the meetings. We need parent involvement and are always looking for new ideas!